Why Gateway Village?
Educational excellence, Christian community: two short sentences that summarize and describe the vision of Gateway Village Children’s Center.
Our mission is to create a nurturing and hands-on learning environment which embodies our foundational belief that life happens through authentic, Christian community.
We believe children learn best when they are given the opportunity to explore and discover in an atmosphere where they feel safe, accepted and loved. Gateway Village’s curriculum and programs are designed to inspire a love of learning while promoting every child’s social, emotional, spiritual, academic and creative growth.
Gateway Village Children's Center is a nonprofit ministry of Gateway Community Church. We welcome children and families from all backgrounds and beliefs.
In compliance with the Code of Virginia, Section 63.2-1716, Gateway Village Children’s Center is religiously exempt from licensure and is classified as a “religiously exempt child day center.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Students will have lunch in school but are required to bring lunches and snacks (nut-free) from home. We are a nut-free preschool. We do not allow food that has nuts, traces of nuts, or processed in a facility that processes nuts.
Your child will need to wear a mask inside the building. They will get breaks from wearing masks when they are outside and during snack/lunch time.
The following best practices will be implemented:
- Physical distancing - the students will be seated 3 feet apart and social distancing will be maintained as much as possible and encouraged throughout the day.
- The same groups of children will be maintained daily.
- Cloth face coverings - masks are recommended, unless for reasons documented by a medical professional. All teachers and staff will be wearing masks inside the building.
- Daily health screening to include symptom-check questionnaires and no-touch temperature checks for staff and students. Health screening will be done in the morning during drop-off.
- We will limit the use of supplies and equipment to one group of children at a time; clean and disinfect between use. Sharing of devices will be discouraged.
- Enhanced hygiene, cleaning, and disinfecting practices.
- The students will be provided with opportunities for frequent hand washing.
- Hand sanitizers will be made available in the school.
- Students will bring their nut free lunches from home, and we will be providing nut free snacks.
The current school term began on September 7 and will end on May 27, 2022. The 2022/2023 school year will start on September 6, 2022 and end on May 31, 2023.
GVCC follows the LCPS Schedule for all school closings, breaks and holidays, in-service days, etc.
While we'd love for you to join our Sunday services, you do not need to attend or be a member of Gateway Community Church.
You or your child will never be asked to participate in anything that feels uncomfortable. GVCC is a ministry of Gateway Community Church; as such, Christian beliefs are an integral part of our school curriculum.