Preschool students are eager to learn more about themselves and how they fit into our world. Students are provided ample opportunities for hands on instruction balanced with exploration and play. Students adjust to more formalized routines while experiencing the joys of learning.
- Children must be 3 by September 30 to be eligible to enroll.
- Increased socialization through small group play and classroom routines
- Self-help skills are further developed as children gain independence
- Fine motor skills are emphasized as beginning writers emerge
- Math skills includes number sense, patterning, and categorizing
- Science/STEAM and exploration concepts regarding our natural world and building and constructing
- Social and emotional concepts that emphasize self-awareness, confidence, and understanding others
- Learning about God's world and appreciating his creation
- 3 year olds must be toilet trained prior to the start of school
- 5 days a week, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 3 days a week, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 2 days a week, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Students will have lunch in school but are required to bring lunches and snacks (nut-free) from home. We are a nut-free preschool. We do not allow food that has nuts, traces of nuts, or processed in a facility that processes nuts.
Your child will need to wear a mask inside the building. They will get breaks from wearing masks when they are outside and during snack/lunch time.
The following best practices will be implemented:
- Physical distancing - the students will be seated 3 feet apart and social distancing will be maintained as much as possible and encouraged throughout the day.
- The same groups of children will be maintained daily.
- Cloth face coverings - masks are recommended, unless for reasons documented by a medical professional. All teachers and staff will be wearing masks inside the building.
- Daily health screening to include symptom-check questionnaires and no-touch temperature checks for staff and students. Health screening will be done in the morning during drop-off.
- We will limit the use of supplies and equipment to one group of children at a time; clean and disinfect between use. Sharing of devices will be discouraged.
- Enhanced hygiene, cleaning, and disinfecting practices.
- The students will be provided with opportunities for frequent hand washing.
- Hand sanitizers will be made available in the school.
- Students will bring their nut free lunches from home, and we will be providing nut free snacks.
The current school term began on September 7 and will end on May 27, 2022. The 2022/2023 school year will start on September 6, 2022 and end on May 31, 2023.
GVCC follows the LCPS Schedule for all school closings, breaks and holidays, in-service days, etc.
While we'd love for you to join our Sunday services, you do not need to attend or be a member of Gateway Community Church.
You or your child will never be asked to participate in anything that feels uncomfortable. GVCC is a ministry of Gateway Community Church; as such, Christian beliefs are an integral part of our school curriculum.