Preschool students are eager to learn more about themselves and how they fit into our world. Students are provided ample opportunities for hands-on instruction balanced with exploration and play. Students adjust to more formalized routines while experiencing the joys of learning.
- Children must be 3 by September 30 to be eligible to enroll.
- Increased socialization through small group play and classroom routines
- Self-help skills are further developed as children gain independence
- Fine motor skills are emphasized as beginning writers emerge
- Math skills include number sense, patterning, and categorizing
- Science/STEAM and exploration concepts regarding our natural world and building and constructing
- Social and emotional concepts that emphasize self-awareness, confidence, and understanding others
- Learning about God's world and appreciating his creation
- All students must be toilet trained prior to the start of the school term.
Schedule Options for 3s Classes:
- 5 days a week, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 3 days a week, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
- 2 days a week, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Frequently Asked Questions
Students will have lunch in school but are required to bring lunches and snacks (nut-free) from home. We are a nut-free preschool. We do not allow food that has nuts, traces of nuts, or processed in a facility that processes nuts.
Masks are optional.
The following best practices will be implemented:
- Enhanced hygiene, cleaning, and disinfecting practices
- The students will be provided with opportunities for frequent hand washing
- Hand sanitizers will be made available in the school
- Students will bring their nut-free lunches and snack from home
The 2023-2024 school year will start on September 5, 2023 and end on May 31, 2024.
GVCC follows the LCPS Schedule for all school closings, breaks and holidays, in-service days, etc.
While we'd love for you to join our Sunday services, you do not need to attend or be a member of Gateway Community Church.
You or your child will never be asked to participate in anything that feels uncomfortable. GVCC is a ministry of Gateway Community Church; as such, Christian beliefs are an integral part of our school curriculum.